Easy weeknight meal. One of my go-to plant-based dinners (I get three-four meals out of this, so great for meal prep!) where you get a healthy dose of carbs and veggies ❤️I’m a huge fan of meat (eat tons of chicken, turkey, fish, eggs), so this is a nice plant-based break from my typical meals. This is actually vegan but I have made it vegetarian. You can also add in ground meat if you’d like! Just up your sauce amount.
- 1 box Banza pasta (I love rotini)
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 bag spinach
- Almost a full jar of regular size @raoshomemade marinara (love all of their flavors! My favorite marinara)
- Can also add any kind of cheese (ricotta is delicious – I’ve done @kitehillfoods ricotta)
- Lots of salt
- Generous Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper
- Nutritional yeast (love this for cheesey, umami flavor)
- Cook your pasta al dente.
- Remove from pot and Leave in strainer.
- Make sure your broccoli florets aren’t too large.
- Steam your broccoli and frozen peas – make sure you leave them a bit crunchy (don’t over cook). Sauté your spinach.
- Add your pasta sauce to pasta pot to heat up sauce.
- Add in all veggies to sauce.
- Add back in pasta.
- Add in all seasonings to taste.
- Mix well. Taste.
- Add in more seasonings (usually salt and garlic here lol).
- I sometimes add in extra seasonings once I serve myself in a bowl too.
- Enjoy! I also love to eat this alongside a big salad.