This recipe is:
- WHOLE30 FRIENDLY
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made this recipe over the past year. I love these meatballs because they are healthy, packed full of protein and make a ton of leftovers. The nutritional yeast gives them a cheesy flavor, while the basil and oregano bring out the Italian flavors. I love eating these babies with zoodles, some healthy marinara, and freshly chopped basil, and they only take a few minutes to whip together! P.S. Thanks to Balance with B for providing me with the inspo for this recipe (I tweaked a bit, but it is very similar!)
- 1 lb of ground turkey (I buy the Step 2 from Whole Foods)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Simple Mills Sea Salt Crackers
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsps fennel seed
- A few generous shakes of garlic powder
- 6 finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A few dashes of salt and pepper
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Put simple mills crackers in a plastic baggy and use something solid to mash into small pieces, or you can use a food processor.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to place balls on a sprayed parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Makes about 20 meatballs if using cookie scoop. You can use your hands too, but I prefer cookie scoop.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until middle of meatball reaches 165 degrees.