I probably eat this smoothie for breakfast 75% of the time. Smoothies for me are one of my favorite breakfasts because you can get a ton of nutrients and goodness in an easy to-go cup! Especially working a 9-5 job it can be hard to get in a good breakfast if you’re rushing off to work. I always make food a priority in the mornings before I leave for work and this smoothie is my go-to. It’s full of greens, healthy fats, protein and fiber.
I took inspiration from Be Well With Kelly’s fab four smoothie concoctions – her book Body Love is soooo good. I just finished reading it and it has some great wellness and food advice, along with some amazing recipes. Her fab four concept is simple – always have protein, fat, fiber and greens in all of your meals. This combination will “elongate your blood sugar curve, help you avoid mindless snacking and ensure your body has the nutrients it needs to thrive.”
This recipe is my own, but I take her fab four concept to heart in a lot of my meals and especially in my smoothies 🙂
Regarding blenders, I use a Ninja. I’ve always wanted a Vitamix, but my Ninja blender is great. I’d definitely recommend it.
MY GO-TO MORNING SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4-1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice or steamed then frozen cauliflower (if i have on hand)
- 2-4 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Big hand full of spinach
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 scoop of Aloha Vanilla Protein Powder (or vanilla protein powder of choice)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (2 tsps go into smoothie, 1 tsp for topping)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cult Coconut Cream (for topping, optional)
- Add all ingredients to your blender except for the little bit of cacao nibs and coconut cult
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy! 🙂